My advice to students thinking of studying abroad:
1) do it. and do it for a semester
2) get whatsapp so you can stay in contact with your friends at home and friends abroad but make sure you do it while your phone has service or it won’t work
3) studying in The Netherlands
4) realize classes are pass/fail but that does still mean you have to study when you don’t want to
5) buy all your groceries at Aldi whenever possible
6) bring lots of winter clothes and summer clothes
7) make friends with a Dutch student so they will add you to the drop boxes that Maastricht has to offer. Their drop box= our test files
8) take lots of scarves with you. everyone wears them all the time.
9) spend a little extra money on your bike because you will save so much money in the long run by doing this
10) buy a backpack to take that doubles as a suitcase so you can easily go on trips on Ryanair
11) live in the guesthouse. Although it is far away, the guesthouse will allow you to meet 10 times more people and will make it easy for you to pregame with new friends and know what people that are in the same boat as you are doing
12) Tuesday night is the night that the Germans go out. Go out on Tuesday. The Germans are fun.
13) Buy a full length mirror and toaster oven with your friends on the floor as soon as you get there so that you can get maximum use out of them. Also, buy a second pillow and a blanket from the market that’s close by and cheap.
14) Go to a Dutch frat party. it’s something that has to be experienced.
—> Dutch have gelled back hair and the Germans just have nice hair.
15) Go to every Cantus.
16) Don’t leave town during Carnival.
17) Read the articles for class as they are assigned because the amount of reading you have to do gets to unreal amounts if you leave it till the end.